BIU shall only consider application forms from candidates who satisfy University general admission requirements. The general academic requirements for admission into University are as follows:
- Somaliland Secondary School Certificate or any other secondary school certificate approved by the Ministry of Education with a minimum grade of C.
- Pass an entrance examination with a minimum of 50%.
The University considers mature applicants who have an equivalent Secondary School Certificate and satisfy the following requirements:
- Have records of continuous employment for a minimum of 5 years, with work relating to the field of training to which you seek admission
- Pass University entrance examinations
- Pass interview by the selection committee of the University
- The age of the applicant is not less than 30 years old.