BIU is located in Hargeisa, the capital of Somaliland. It is a communal and non-profit
university, accredited by the Somaliland Ministry of Education and Higher Studies and Somaliland Higher Education Commission. The main objective of BIU is to address the educational needs of society in the Horn of Africa at large, particularly Somaliland. It currently offers different programs in the fields of Islamic Economics and banking, modern management, leadership, Accounting and finance, Education, Project Management, Shari’ah, and business administration.
BIU is committed to providing quality education. It aims to cultivate exceptional students, thus enriching human capital both locally and internationally. As a university of choice BIU is very proud to play a crucial role in the social and educational development of Somaliland.
Beder International University aims to be among the leading universities in East Africa. BIU strives to be recognized for high-quality education and research that produce high quality intellectuals that contribute to nation-building and community development
The mission of Beder International University is to attain quality and distinctiveness in teaching and research. BIU aims to produce graduates with sound knowledge and good character. These goals are achieved by integrating Islamic values, scientific knowledge and technical skills that contribute to the social, cultural and economic progress of society and to the development of human resources in Somaliland
University seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- To offer excellent academic programs that cover the educational and professional needs of the society in the Horn of Africa at large, particularly in Somaliland
- To enhance and promote quality educational standards along with the adoption of best practices in learning and teaching
- To contribute to the economic progress and development of society through teaching and training of the workforce.
- To spread the teachings of the Islam and produce a generation with a wide horizon that deeply understand Islamic principles
- To promote and strengthen the Arabic and Somali languages
- To produce graduates with a high level of knowledge, technological capabilities, competitive skills and good moral character that contribute to the society
- To contribute to the preparation of future leaders characterized by integrity and competence
- To be a leading research university that actively contributes to the generation and dissemination of knowledge
- To encourage and supporting innovation and entrepreneurship at all levels of the university
- To promote partnerships and entering agreements with related parties to achieve accreditation and collaboration
- To help students discover their talentsand develop their personal capacitiestoqualify them as leaders in their chosen careers and professions
- Quality and excellence
- Originality and modernity
- Islamic morality and values
- Self-initiative and teamwork
- Accountability and transparency
- Social responsibility
- Academic integrity
- Innovation and creativity
- Effectiveness and efficiency
We believe each student has the potential to become an informed, independent thinker, and a responsible citizen. We believe everyone has talents that are not yet discovered. BIU highlights the significance of Islamic values and principles in society to be applied within its learning environment.